Saturday 14 September 2013

Growing Up

Today I bumped into one of my old Guide Leader's. I've known her since I was a Brownie, although at that time she was in Guides. By the time I moved up to Guides, she was a Junior Leader, and then time passed again and suddenly we were both Leaders of the groups we had been members of as children.

It was lovely to catch up on each others lives and we realised that at least 6 years had passed since we last saw each other! I told her about how quickly the Brownies seemed to be growing up and that any day now I would be seeing my former Brownies drive by me in their cars. (I haven't seen it yet, but my original Brownies are definitely old enough to drive by now!) 

She laughed and said, "Now you know how I felt when YOU became a Leader!"
Credit: Girl Guides Canada

It made me realise that the age gap between myself and the Brownies is slowly getting larger and larger. For most of my life i've been a young Leader. I've now reached the point where I am just... a Leader!

This story isn't going anywhere, it has no moral or wise words. Just thought that i'd share my mid-life Leader crisis.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!