Monday 19 October 2015

Beautiful People

After we completed session three (part two) of Free Being Me, we had some extra time, so we were able to work on the extra activity I had prepared.

Girlguiding UK has a great badge program called Go For Its! This activity was found in the Life Wise activity pack and is listed under the Wellbeing activities (pages 2-11), which align really well with the Free Being Me program.




The activity for Beautiful People is listed on page 2 and is activity number four.  The template is available on page 3. I adapted the activity slightly, as I had the girl's represent themselves, rather than an imaginary person.

Activity:
Create the beautiful person you are using images from magazines to represent your personality.  You can use any images except for those with people in them.

Here are some of the pictures that the girl's created. I think if I did this with older Guides they may be more concerned about staying within the lines, but the Brownies didn't mind. They really enjoyed this activity and had really great discussion about their personality traits!






Note: I ripped pages out of magazines ahead of time with images of nature, bright colors, animals etc. I knew the girl's would be distracted by adverts, celebrities etc. I'm glad I did, because they stayed on topic the entire time.

I definitely recommend this activity if you have the time! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!