Tuesday 7 April 2020

Changes

During these difficult times, being able continue Guiding with my units has been a beacon of light. It's been a fun challenge and has kept me focused on something positive, for which I am so grateful.

I know that not everyone will feel this way, or have the time, means or even want to think about Guiding right now. But for me personally, this one act of normalcy each week helps and I can only hope that it is doing the same for at least some of my members.

We've been meeting online for about a month now and although it hasn't been easy, I've finished every meeting with renewed excitement.

I've kept it pretty simple and we're doing our best to keep working through our term programs, albeit with a completely different format.

During our first week, I held three different meetings for our units. Both the Brownies and the Guides had a lot of fun learning all the features of Zoom (the online platform we've been using), from changing backgrounds, taking control of the screen and sharing images. It was a fantastic and much needed lesson for me in learning how the security settings worked!

I hope that you and your families are safe and well.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!