Monday 13 October 2014

So long, farewell

Last week we went to the park to practice activities for an upcoming Guide and Scout regatta. We also said goodbye to one of our Patrol Leaders who is moving up to the Guide unit. The girls gave her an ear-piercing BRAVO (for being awesome) and then a giant group hug. 

Whenever a girl moves up to Guides, I give her a card with a photo on the front from when she first joined the unit. As most of my Brownies are with me for two or more years there is usually a dramatic change in their appearance during the time they are with me - from a baby-faced seven year old to a mature young lady, almost ready for high-school!

The card was filled with goodbye messages from her friends and  I caught her reading them over the course of the night. She also seemed pleased with the bunch of flowers i'd picked from my garden. I still recall how grown up I felt the first time I was given flowers as a birthday present from my friends so I though i'd pass on the feeling.

With another PL moving on, I will need to reorganise our Patrols, but not too much as I should (hopefully) have two more heading to Guides by the end of the year. I'll save the complete rearrange until then so we can hold new Patrol elections.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!